Am I crunchy? Urban Dictionary posits the following:
I hope to share a lot of flexitarian, local/organic/wholesome as available, thoroughly delicious, mostly simple but occasionally fancy food in this blog.
I also hope to share a lot of the fun things I do here in my joyfully hippie Carolina town.
Recent crunchy developments in my life include having…
– Eliminated aluminum deodorant from my life
– Biked to work wearing a thirty pound purse that also contained my lunch (ouch!)
– Learned to knit
– Admired the homemade bathmat my way more talented at knitting roommate fashioned out of multicolored old tshirts
– Purchased local pottery for my registered-at-Crate-and-Barrel cousin’s wedding (don’t know how thrilled she was about that one)
– Created a bedside table from the boxes I used to move into my apartment covered with a pretty piece of fabric I got in Thailand
– Gotten my astrological chart read (I’m a Libra with Cancer rising- a lover of beauty and peace and very maternal)
– Spent $24 solely on organic hot dogs and hamburgers for a barbecue with a couple of neighbors
– Listened to a rapturous honey vendor share the mystical and amazing world inside a beehive.
– Bought a bike and ridden it everywhere I can. Specifically, bought a bike from a random guy I met at a party for less than I ultimately paid for a helmet.
– Celebrated Krishna’s birthday with a friend I made at the farmer’s market
– Bought Christmas presents for everyone I know plus a piece of furniture at an estate sale for $33
– Patted someone’s pet pig at a swap market
– Spontaneously broken into song along with the manager of my favorite coffee shop
– Decorated my trash can with flowers and written, “Could you be recycling this?” inside the lid.
– Learned baby sign language
– Made miniature Christmas trees out of old paper towel holders and plates
– Made Christmas cards out of shredded old magazine pages
– Ate lentils and mushrooms for Thanksgiving dinner
– Told everyone I know how great Diva Cups are
– Mulched an inner city garden with a group of volunteers
– Visited an open air herb garden/tea house
– Spent several hours at a cat sanctuary petting the crap out of the 350 kitties who live there
– Learned to finger knit
– Planned my life’s next moves based on a tarot cart reading
– Chased an unwise chicken out of the street back into his yard
– Attended a donation based yoga studio
– Obtained almost an entirely new wardrobe from a clothing swap I hosted for fourteen
– Made vegan caulflower alfredo sauce
– Spent an Amazon gift card on BPA-free glass tupperware
– Befriended my friend’s chickens
– Received a breakup care package that included honey chamomile tea and a Goddess Card
I hope to capture more moments of exploration, and show you some of the beautiful places I’ve been getting to know in my new (ish) North Carolina home.
Please join me!